How will my personal information be protected?
As part of your psychological assessment/treatment Bernadette will collect information and record personal information. She needs to collect information about you for the primary purpose of providing a quality service to you and thoroughly assess, diagnose and provide therapy.
This information will also be used for:
- The administrative purpose of running the practice.
- Billing either directly or through an insurer or compensation age.
- With your consent, use within the practice if discussing or passing your case to another practitioner within the practice for your ongoing management.
- Disclosure of information to your doctors, other health professionals or to teachers to facilitate communication and best possible care for you; and
- In the case of insurance or compensation claim it may be necessary to disclose and/or collect information that concerns your return to work to an insurer or your employer. This will be discussed with you if any request is made.
Bernadette does not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
All information collected about you is confidential and stored in an electronic file. From time to time client data may be collated to evaluate, improve service quality, and report to funding bodies (such as Department of Health and Ageing). At no time will your personal information be identifiable during these data collection processes (e.g., your name, address and date of birth is not included in data gathering and reporting protocols).