Commitment to Child Safety
Key elements of this commitment to child safety include the following:
- Zero tolerance of child abuse.
- A personal and professional commitment to act in the best interests of children at all times.
- Commitment to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people, including providing a safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe.
- Take all allegations seriously.
- Report suspected abuse, neglect or mistreatment, promptly to the appropriate authority.
- Actively work to listen to and empower children.
- Committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.